Sustainable livelihood helps communities become less vulnerable to poverty. Livelihood provides families with stability, empowerment and well being. When people are given the tools, skills and resources to earn a living, they are able to provide the basic needs as well as sustain long-term stability for their communities and families.
What We Do
- Develop agriculture and small animal projects in Jamaica and Haiti.
- Establish income-generating projects to orphanages in Haiti.
- Support vocational training programs through scholarships and distribution of tools and supplies.
MEET ROSE MARIE LUNDOR
Since the beginning of the layers’ production, many members of the association became small egg traders. This project represents a lot for us in the community because we had nothing, no hope. Now, we have something to look forward to and for that, we are forever grateful. On behalf of the women of the association, I thank the donor for the generosity and act of love toward us.
- Developed a chicken farm for an orphanage in Haiti
- Provided barbering chair and tools for a vocational Barbering program
- Distributed tools to communities across Jamaica
- Distributed sewing machines and sewing supplies to provide opportunity for small business development
- Provided support for vocational training programs in landscaping, barbering and sewing