Food For The Poor Canada (FFPC) is looking for an exceptional individual and team player to support the Executive Director by managing her day-to-day tasks to ensure that she is fully supported, enabling her to focus on mission-critical, strategic tasks.
ABOUT FOOD FOR THE POOR CANADA
FFPC funds and supports humanitarian projects that make a direct, tangible and lasting impact on the lives of people in need in the Caribbean and Latin America. We oversee and manage the construction of villages, homes, schools, clinics, income-generating projects, as well as the distribution of food, medical, emergency and educational supplies to communities in need, with support from FFPC donors.
The FFPC team is small, nimble and close-knit with the unique advantage of access to the resources of Food For The Poor (International), which is a multi-million dollar global NGO. We work with established partners (Food for The Poor US, Haiti, Guyana and Jamaica and other organizations) who support our projects through their direct relationships and teams in the countries that we are active in.
As a key player in the FFPC team, the Executive Assistant will actively support the Executive Director in all aspects of her work, freeing her to focus on donors, stakeholders, and partner organizations.
This position requires a highly organized and high-energy individual who is both a thinker and a doer, and who will be comfortable tackling strategic challenges and minor tasks simultaneously. The role requires a generalist, who is comfortable changing direction quickly, prioritizing the important and handling the urgent. FFPC is in a period of growth and opportunity, and seeks someone who will grow with the organization.
Executive Administrative Support
- Perform a variety of administrative functions to ensure the ED’s time is put to its best use.
- Monitor and filter all incoming correspondence for ED (phone and email), highlighting critical/important information, drafting responses, and acting on routine matters.
- Provide support to the ED in workload prioritization and tracking/monitoring of all ongoing projects and communications, reports.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; identifies issues that could impact the successful execution of the ED’s commitments.
- Help manage the ED’s calendar, booking meetings, travel and logistics
- Respond to work assigned by the ED with competency while juggling priorities appropriately.
- Ensure all meetings have an agenda as well as all other necessary documentation, record minutes and distribute materials in a timely manner; download all documents to the shared drive.
- Schedule and follow up on meetings with donors.
- Record donor meeting notes in the CRM.
- Help provide ongoing stewardship to donors as required, through thank you notes, email, and telephone.
- Support coordination of VIP donor events and represent FFPC at small cultivation events.
- Production of ongoing reports for budgets, donations and expenses.
- Help to produce and process correspondence covering a broad array of subject matter.
- Assist with strategic plan implementation through coordination, support and tracking outcomes.
Board and Governance support
- Ensure the Minute book is in order and kept up to date.
- Support the ED to ensure that FFPC is CRA compliant, and that all associated tasks are completed as necessary, and all government filings are completed in a timely and correct manner (including HST returns, T3010s etc.).
- Manage logistics for Board of Directors meetings, including attendance, documentation distribution and follow up.
- Support Board committee meetings with scheduling and follow up.
REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- University Degree or Community College Diploma with a minimum of 3 years of experience in assistant role for C-suite level or executive.
- Extremely nimble in a fast-paced environment, and able to prioritize multiple priorities and deadlines, with flexibility for common last-minute requests and changes.
- Proven ability to work proactively and on own initiative with the goal of efficiency and streamlining overall operations.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to build relationships quickly across all stakeholder groups.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, with high standard of computer literacy including all Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Word etc.).
- Good written and numeracy skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent project planning and coordination skills, with the ability to plan and organize high level events, meetings, and receptions.
- Highly resourceful and strong ability to think outside the boxes when problem solving.
- Demonstrated independence, creativity, and resourcefulness, comfortable working in an office with a small team.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to focus on client need – anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Foster teamwork – work collaboratively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness and inspire trust and confidence.
- Professional temperament – the ability to remain calm under difficult circumstances.
- Executive reasoning – an ability to interpret and respond to various perspectives by demonstrating sound judgement and strategic thinking.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while ensuring discretion and confidentiality.
- A team player with high EQ skills.
- Passionate and engaged by the work and mandate of FFPC.
Food For The Poor International is a Christian relief and development organization working in 17 countries in the Caribbean and Latin America. Food For The Poor employs over 800 people across the region who work with and for people in need over the last 37 years.
Food For The Poor Canada welcomes applicants from all religious and ethnic backgrounds. Please note that we will be reviewing and evaluating applications on an ongoing basis, and therefore we encourage early applications. Qualified and interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Deadline: August 9, 2019.
- On July 23, 2019