As a pivotal member of the Food For The Poor Canada team, the Senior Project Manager will provide exceptional support in the areas of project management, proposal writing, report writing, and budgeting as well as ongoing relationship management with our international offices. The candidate will steward donor money by ensuring that projects are done in an effective and efficient manner, keeping records of all receipts, invoices and payments. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Senior Project Manager will support impactful and effective international programming for FFPC.
The Senior Project Manager is an integral member of a small team at Food For The Poor Canada. You will be based in Toronto and will work closely with the international offices of FFP in Jamaica, Guyana and Haiti and will be engaged in all the various stages of building and sustainability projects, working on the development, management and execution of FFPC programs and projects. You will manage volunteer project builds, from logistics to safety and execution, the full cycle of a volunteer experience, travelling one to three times a year to Jamaica and other Caribbean countries.
- Produce written proposals, reports and presentations for donors and prospects.
- Ensure accurate records on projects are kept, and produce reports to maintain accountability to stakeholders.
- Work on international projects, and support volunteer build logistics.
- Support the reporting and logistics of distribution of goods in kind.
- Support brand awareness: assist with website, create content for social media, create presentations
- Support small donor cultivation events as a speaker and representative of FFPC.
- Undertake tasks as required for the effective management of FFPC Programs.
- 3 to 7 years of experience in programming and project management
- A degree in a relevant field: candidates with post-secondary certificates in international development, project management or corporate social responsibility are preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word).
- Well organized, ability to work on complex projects, at a fast pace, in a results-driven environment.
- Experience in managing a demanding workload, able to effectively prioritize and work independently.
- Excellent strategic thinker with strong analytical abilities.
- Proven accuracy and exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated independence, creativity, and resourcefulness, while working within the setting of a dynamic team.
- Willingness to travel internationally and to be away between 5 and 30 days a year.
Food For The Poor Canada (FFPC) works with Food For The Poor internationally. FFPC is a small and nimble charity that has access to the infrastructure of a large NGO. We work with established partners (Food for the Poor US, Haiti, Guyana and Jamaica) to support humanitarian projects that create a lasting impact. Our work involves the distribution of goods to schools, hospitals, and community leaders that work directly with the poor. We oversee and manage the construction of villages, homes, schools, clinics, income generating projects and all other projects funded by FFPC donors.
Food For The Poor (International) is a Christian relief and development organization working in 17 countries in the Caribbean and Latin America. Food For The Poor has provided in excess of $15 billion in aid and has built more than 85,000 housesin the region.
We offer the opportunity to work with a group of dedicated professionals.
Applicants from all faiths, beliefs and diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you are interested in joining FFPC and your qualifications for the position.
Position Type: Full Time
Application deadline: May 31, 2019
Please note that we will be reviewing and evaluating applications on an ongoing basis, and therefore we encourage early applications.
- On May 3, 2019