Sustainable livelihood helps communities become less vulnerable to poverty. Livelihood provides families with stability, empowerment and well being. When people are given the tools, skills and resources to earn a living, they are able to provide the basic needs as well as sustain long-term stability for their communities and families.
- About 80% of the population of Haiti live below the poverty line.
- More than 40% of Haitians are unemployed.
What We Do
- Develop agriculture and small animal projects in Jamaica and Haiti.
- Establish income-generating projects to orphanages in Haiti.
- Support vocational training programs through scholarships and distribution of tools and supplies.
- Developed a chicken farm for an orphange in Haiti
- Distributed tools to communities across Jamaica
- Provided Barbering Chair and tools for a vocational Barbering program
- Supported underserved youth with Landscaping training programs
- Distributed sewing machines and sewing supplies to provide opportunity for small business development